The Defense mechanisms: Anatomy Review
1 . Brand the two main anatomical parts of the immune system: • ________________________________________
2 . Cells from the immune system start in ___________. These skin cells are called ______________ when traveling inside the blood and are classified based on the shape of their nucleus and colors of their granules when tarnished. 3–4. List the leukocytes in order of frequency coming from most to least prevalent. In the second column put their specific characteristics.
Identity of Leukocyte
five. Specialized resistant cells: Leukocytes are normally seen in the blood, although non-leukocytes are simply in tissue. Fill in the cells categorized under the following headings and note if they are found in bloodstream or tissues. • Phagocytes: __________________________
• Antigen-presenting cellular material: __________________________
• Effector cellular material of adaptive immunity: __________________________ • Other: __________________________
six. Primary lymphoid organs, where B and T cells originate and mature, are the bone marrow and thymus. Fill in the following: Both N and Capital t cells result from ________________.
The B cells mature inside the ___________________.
The T cells mature in the ___________________.
(Hint: This is how they will came to be named B and T cellular material. )
six. Secondary lymphoid organs, where lymphocytes become activated, are the following buildings: • _____________
8. The lymphatic program consists of the next three parts: • __________________
9. The lymphatic ships collect surplus interstitial substance that leaves the capillaries and results it for the cardiovascular system. How many liters per day are collected? ___ L/day
10. If lymphatic vessels will not function effectively, there will be a buildup of smooth in the cells. This condition is recognized as...